Were you just given your new smartphone and can’t wait to try it out? Sometimes, it can be disappointing if your new phone’s screen doesn’t stop flickering. At first, it may begin as an isolated issue, but if it persists over time, this is really an issue.
What Is a Flickering Screen?
A flickering screen can happen when there are glitches in a malfunctioning smartphone. It can trouble you in many way ways such as:
- The phone’s display comes up with a random appearance of a white and black line.
- There are flickering pixels in the touch screen display.
- Part of the screen turns white or black.
- The screen blinks when you are using your phone.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, it is important that you know why they happen.
Causes Of Flickering Screens
One of the main causes of flickering screens is hardware faults. Sometimes installing an app can cause this, because it needs a higher screen resolution to work. Here are some things you can try at home to work on the issue:
Check for App Updates
Before you come to Hot Tech Repair, it is a good idea to update all of the apps on your smartphone. Check for the Android system’s updates as well.
Disable Any Third-Party Apps
If you have a third-party app that is causing a problem, you have to reboot your phone in safe mode. For almost all Samsung phones the procedure is the same:
- Turn off your phone
- Hold down the power button until the Samsung logo comes up
- Release the button and hold the volume button down until it starts again
Clear The Cache Out
This is another trick that can fix any screen glitches. Wiping the cache partition in recovery mode can clean the phone’s internal memory that is stored in the cache. To do this, here are the steps to take:
- Turn off your phone
- Hold down the volume up button, the home button, and the power button at the same time until the Samsung log comes up.
- Next, the recovery mode menu will show up. Scroll down until you see the option to wipe the cache partition. Then, use the power button to confirm.
- Now, reboot the system.
After this, your screen issue should be fixed.
By hard resetting your phone, everything in it will be erased, including settings and saved data. Before you do this, make sure you back up your phone. The steps to do this are:
- Start your phone in recovery mode
- Choose the Factory Reset option and confirm by holding down the power button
If your screen is still flickering after this, you should then contact Hot Tech Repair for a reliable solution.
Screen Repair Experts in Sacramento, CA
At Hot Tech Repair, we offer service appointments, fast repair, and expert technical support. Bring your flickering screen to us and we will give you your phone back as good as new. Call us today!